Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silver Lining

Thanks for all your very sweet comments from yesterday's post. I promised when I started this blog almost 500 posts ago that I would be honest and not sugar coat things that weren't that sweet. Ironically, I get the most positive feedback from the honest posts. I realize there are people who read this blog going through much bigger things than this. Some of you commented you'd like to be a little more lonely which made me laugh! Really, appreciated all of your feedback.

I love that with God there's always a silver lining. Just recently I've started praying about an opportunity to do some missions work. I'll tell you more about that later, but it has given me something to look forward to. Just a short trip, but a chance to put my time, efforts, thoughts and money toward something eternal. I'm praying it will work out if it's of Him.

I'm restarting yoga (again!) tomorrow. I think it will help with running and mind clearing stress that I seem to attract like a magnet lately. I really love all things that force you to be quiet even for a short time. It's going to be good.

I'm not going to talk nonstop about The Patriarchs Bible study for the next 11 weeks but it seems like I could. I'm amazed that I wanted to do this one SO much last year, but this year is when I've needed it. Awesome reminders. As in, "God doesn't send forth His word just to hear himself speak." and "God is complete without you, but he chooses to be in relationship with you."

loving it.

Ah the circle of life. Sometimes you just have to hang on long enough for things to change.

Thanks again :)

2 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

A mission trip? Awesome. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Looking forward to hearing your insights on your Bible study.

Brian MacMillan said...

I've always loved the idea of God never closing a door without opening another. Through constant prayer we gain discernment. Through discernment we find those open doors.