Saturday, August 15, 2009

what's up

So, I've super missed blogging the past few days. I've had so much to say and no one to tell it to! lucky you-I'm back :)

Had the perfect 48 hours of freedom! Wednesday night after work I went to Wal-Mart with my friend Tammy (P.S. I HATE Wal-mart but sometimes you have to go). Tammy is starting Prism so she needed some major help getting some food which I was happy to help with. I had big plans to stay up late and watch movies or something, but I so fell asleep before midnight! It was fabulous to not have to set an alarm clock.

I have no idea what I did Thursday except I read a book which was fine by me.

And Friday I slept in and had the most wonderful 90 minute hot stone massage you could imagine. Purrrrrrrrrfect! I'd recommend that therapy to anyone. My neck and back feel so much better. We'll see how long it lasts now that I'm at work for the weekend!

On a different note my heart is so heavy tonight for some people that have lost loved ones. Josiah Berger was about to start college and got into a car accident a few days ago. He died this afternoon. Another woman came home to find her husband unconscious a few days ago and she buried him today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-I have no idea how people make it without the Lord. I'm so thankful that in Him our stories are still being written. I'm thankful that ALL our time on Earth is just a warm up, a tuning session for the symphony that will begin one day when we see Him face to face. It's so hard here because we were never meant to be 100% content here. We were made for something better, something greater, something eternal.

Praying that you would know tonight that your story matters. In the grand scheme of who God is and the story He is telling-he needs you. He loves you. Even when the chapters don't end like we hoped they would and the story takes twists and turns we could not have anticipated-he is there. He cares. He loves you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you hate walmart? lol (Don't you love that, out of your whole blog post, that's what I chose to comment on?) (Also, why doesn't your blog show up in my feed? It makes me follow the link, then I forget to check it.