Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Book Club


The book club resumes January 1st! Wanted to give you the heads up on our first 2 titles. As promised there will now be a fiction and non-fiction title each month. I may review them both as part of the Tuesday book review, but more than likely just the non-fiction. Feel free to read one or both or none! And be sure to get your comments into me by January 31st.


Just a reminder-the book club is not simply "Books Brenda loves." I really try to incorporate books that will attract the most people which is why we don't read Brennen Manning, Robert Benson and Henri Nouwen every month (BUT WE SHOULD!). Ha! So if you don't like this month check back. They are not all the same genre of books. I love to read books with people so this is a great way for me to read with some of my favorite "friends." Join us if you want to!

We are reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett for the fiction selection.

And we are reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis for the Non-fiction.

Happy Reading!
Brenda

No comments: