Thursday, March 17, 2011

Right Here, Right Now


Ever have a season where God just won't stop talking about the same thing? Everywhere you turn you find a reminder that this is what your life is missing? Every conversation revolves around the same topic until you know this can't be a coincidence? I always feel like a kid with my fingers in my ears running down the road saying, "lalalalalalala I can't hear you!!!!" That only works temporarily.



Finally, when I've worn myself out from running away from what I need more than anything, I sit before His glorious throne and say, "OKAY, WHAT?" I may or may not say that more spiritually depending on the day.



And He whispers to this heart so gently, so peacefully, that I always wonder why I insist on running when the answers are ever before me.



In this season it is the constant reminders, "Be quiet. Be still. Be with Me. Be present in this moment. Don't try to be an hour from now, a day from now, a year from now-just be in the now, with Me. Be here. You can trust Me."



I'm done running. I'm giving Him the time He's asking for. I'm letting the world fall away and finding strength and renewal in Him. Right here. Right now.

No comments: