Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a book club cop out

Well I'm not going to review The Help our fiction book from January because well, it's a fiction book. But I will say I very much enjoyed it and it sounds like you did too. Excellent.

And, in a change of plans I'm not going to review Mere Christianity either. I loved reading your thoughts about the book and 1. I cannot fit everyone's comments into one entry. And 2. I don't want to ruin your experience of the book by interjecting a whole bunch of my own opinions. I really hadn't considered that outcome when I chose it, but I think it's best to let you dwell on your own thoughts. You can look up book reviews of it on-line if you want to and get all kinds of opinions, but as far as my blog goes, I'm going to leave you with what you discovered. I consider it a must read for every Christian and particuarly every non-christian. I'm glad it meant something to you and pray the changes you feel are eternal.

That said, I absolutely will review Between the Dreaming and the coming true (duh) and Beth Moore's latest book by the end of the month. Thanks for humoring me by letting me read my favorite book and reading along with me :) After this month I'll stop talking about it for at least a few days. :) And I'm loving/hating Beth Moore's latest book already which probably means it was a good choice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Happy reading! Brenda

No comments: