Friday, February 3, 2012

Books! January 2012

Even more than, "Are you ever going to get married?" the question I get asked is, "What are you reading?" Since I'm not reviewing as frequently, I'll try to do a month in review post of the books I loved. Here's my top 2 for January!

Flunking Sainthood by Jana Riess is a great memoir of one woman's journey to master spiritual practices. It's filled with good intentions and the graceful reassurance that no one is perfect when she falls short of her goals over and over again. Lighthearted and genuinely honest, it's a memoir that made me laugh out loud, tear up and nod in agreement. If you need companionship on your spiritual journey, this book is for you.

And, sad for you, this book isn't available yet. It was predictably great. But! If you haven't read her other books, now is your chance. Lis Wiehl has taken the Christian fiction market by storm and is quickly securing her place in the top must read mystery authors. Releasing mid April, you have until then to catch up on her other work and then read this one. You'll be glad you did!

To Reading!

No comments: