Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thomas Nelson Book Review


I hesitated to read the Chronological Guide to the Bible. I'm not much for the Bible in Chronological order. I think it's interesting, but a little redundant especially in the Gospels! I did enjoy this reference tool though. The format is extremely easy to follow. I love the headlines of the books, the maps, the full color and the chronological reading guide. The time lines were very helpful. I found it overall to be very concise which is what I need! I feel like I will go back to this over and over again while studying different books of the Bible. The historical context it provides is invaluable. The only problem I have with it is the price. It's 24.99 for a paperback relatively small book. For that price or a little more you could own the Hardcover version of the whole chronological study Bible. Otherwise-awesome!

No comments: