Saturday, March 13, 2010

Randomness

Bad blogger award for last week-I know. I really didn't have anything halfway motivational or spiritual to share and I can only take so much of my own whining :) I promise to (try) to do better this week!


Here's some random facts for you from the week:


-I signed up to run the Disney marathon next year. Pretty sure this qualifies as a new fitness goal since I last ran a marathon 9 years ago. My friend Tammy is running it with me. She is excited mainly about the t-shirt and tiarra they give you when you finish. I think we could just buy those at target, but okay :) I'm bored in my fitness routine so this should fix that! We start this week. Should be interesting.


-I'm getting so excited about the women's conference in Illinois! Registration is now open so let me know if you need more info. I'll hook you up with the right people. Topics for the three main sessions are



1. The Indwelling life of Christ

2. God's Covenant promises

3. A life of willing obedience



Should be fun! I do not know what I'm talking about at the fundraiser just yet. Yikes!


-Jodi Picoult's new book came out so THAT's what I've been doing this week with my "free" time. Reading. It's fabulous of course. I realize it makes me sound like a nerd to talk about books on here all the time. All my friends read like crazy people too so I don't care :)


-Odyssey had his teeth cleaned this week. It was $115 dollars less than they thought it would be. I don't know why and I didn't ask.


-I ordered philosophy bath stuff for an early birthday present for ME! Love Philosophy. Love it.

-I'm sad that the Breaking Free Bible study I'm in is quickly coming to an end. Seeking some direction in a lot of spiritual areas and do not like not having a plan at the moment! Imagine that-God not working on my time table!

-Watched the documentary Food, Inc. this week and cried like a baby about the abuse of animals in the food chain. Unacceptable.

Made some mistakes, handled some things not so great, wished I'd tried harder at some things before involving other people, established some new boundaries, found grace enough to take another step and grateful again that God takes us as we are and accepts us on the way to where we're going. And He just flat loves us from the inside out. Truly Amazing.

Hope you've had a good week! More to come.

No comments: