Monday, June 4, 2012

Planes and Shooting Stars


Last week my neighbor asked if I could watch her four year old son one evening while she ran to the store.  He's funny so of course I said yes.  We sat on my back porch while the dogs ran around and looked at the stars.  I wasn't really paying attention when all of the sudden he jumped out of the chair and said, "Wook Bwen!!!  A shooting stawr!"


I thought for a moment before I responded.  It was a plane, but I couldn't think of a good reason to tell him that.  He jumped in my lap and said, "You heard me?  A shooting stawr!  Whoa amazing!"  


I looked into his wide blue eyes and said, "I know!  So cool!!"  


He jumped down, spun around with his arms over his head and said, "I KNOW!  So so so so cool."

Then he went and chased the dogs.



I started thinking about this world we live in.  How sometimes shooting stars turn out to just be airplanes and it's so disappointing.  But, sometimes, especially when God gets involved, what we see as a plane with earthly eyes may just be a shooting star.  




The moon and stars to rule by night, for his lovingkindness is everlasting.
Psalm 136:9

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hi sis! I haven't been keeping up well with your blog (some stupid editing project) However, I came across this post today and wanted to say:

thank you for sharing these thoughts. it is so true that it's wonderful to see life through a child's eyes (and God's eyes. It is a good reminder that the world around us is indeed a wondrous place.

#PBWY