Saturday, November 26, 2011

My first liturgical year - Advent

Not exactly intentionally, I stumbled into my first liturgical church service Christmas Eve of last year. I didn't know much about the liturgical calendar. I didn't know much about Advent. I didn't know much about, well, anything.


I'll write more about this year in the days to come. It has been hopeful, exciting and profoundly life changing.


For today, we celebrate the end of the church year. We enter now into a season of waiting and expectation. The busyness of this last month before Christmas dims as Advent whispers sweet peace in the waiting.


As for me and my house, there won't be a frantic rushing to get the latest everything at a $10 discount. There will be patient waiting. There will be remembering that God sent his son and when he did. . . . everything changed. For them and for us.



For now, the creche is empty, but not for long. As we wait.




1 comment:

Penelopepiscopal said...

Whispering sweet peace in the waiting. Love it!