Saturday, May 22, 2010

Catching up

I know!!! If I cross my heart and promise to do better will you all still be my virtual friends?? 2 weeks! I haven't gone that long without blogging-well, ever! I do most of my blogging at Starbucks and I can't even remember the last time I had a Starbucks for here with a great book and my laptop. Must make more time!!

A few matters of business - We are reading Laura Bush's new book Spoken from the Heart for our May book club. I will review it by the end of the month. Starting in June, we will begin a look at the classics for the book club the next few months. These are short but packed full of useful information for our spiritual lives today. We will do 2 per month and I will announce the whole list on Monday. Most of these are readily available in mass market paperback. Several of you have asked about building a good foundational Christian library and this is definitely the place to start. It's fascinating that the things classic authors struggled with in their faith many decades ago, we still struggle with today. Maybe in a different context, maybe with different media outlets, but we're all still human and we all will spend a lifetime overcoming our tendencies to be unlike Christ.

Coming soon to a blog near you (THIS ONE!) are posts on:
Accountability and how I'm surviving it
Systematic Theology saved me from a meltdown
Waiting to worry
The decision to join my church
Scoopable Truvia and my lifelong quest to eliminate sugar from the world
And a name drop

Stay tuned!!
Brenda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its about time you updated us! Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Thought maybe there was a coffee shortage down there & you were down for the count!