Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year. Same resolutions

Proof that I'm a slow learner?  My New Year's resolutions this year are the same as last year.  And they just might be the same next year.  I've settled into the fact that becoming more like Christ, trusting God in all things, and resting in Him might just be the resolutions I seek to master for all the days of the rest of my life.  

2012 was good to me.  I went through Confirmation in the Episcopal Church and that experience ended up meaning far more than I anticipated.  I've only spent 2 years in the Episcopal Church, but I'm thankful God has called me to the liturgical tradition for such a time as this.
My first book came out!  The experience was more rewarding, more frustrating, and more wonderful than I ever could have imagined.  It's a sweet season now to be reading e-mails and comments from readers who feel drawn to a more monastic life because of this book.  My time at the monasteries are such a big part of my love story with God and how He found me when I needed Him most.  

2013 will find me finishing grad school, working for a new hospital company, and finding God in new and similar ways.  He's faithful.  Of that I'm sure.

Happy New Year!

No comments: